Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fuel Efficient

Ever since hitting a mini-wall in my NYC Half Marathon, I've been thinking a little more about pre and post-run fueling. My lovely wife has been buying me various high-calorie and high-protein goodies from REI.

So far my favorite is the Cliff Shot Bloks, which come in various flavors including; cherry, orange and margarita (with added sodium!).These bad boys pack 100 calories per serving (that's 3 chunks) with 24g of carbs (12g from sugar). I stuffed a whole pack down today prior to a 10-miler, and felt pretty good. They're easy on the stomach (or at least mine) and give you a real buzz after about 10-15 minutes, and the effect lasting a good hour at 9:30/mile.



These are very tasty and have the kick of a mule.



Post run, I like the Cliff Shot Protein Recovery (the chocolate and mango and orange flavors are surprisingly tasty even with just water. Even better with almond milk!).

Not sure if the cheese toasties are a good idea, but I love them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment