Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Week 3, part 1 and 2 - More aches and Pains

Week 3 started with a whimper, but it does up the pace slightly.

Week 3 has you running for 2 mins, then walk for 2 mins, then run for 3 mins and walk for 2 mins, twice. Although the overall pace isn't really much faster, if at all, the continuous running at pace for 2 then 3 minutes is supposed to give you an indication of what your running speed might be.

On Sunday, I only managed a 12:15 min/mile for the first mile and then today for 3.2 I only managed 12:13. On both runs I managed around 11:30 min/mile for the second mile for an average of 11:52 and 11:40 respectively. This is way way slower than I'd like to be doing, as I am aiming for a 25 mins 5K. Obviously the fumbling at the start, including the warm up, cool down and walking times have a significant effect on the pace, and at this point I'm interested to know what I can do - impatient eh?

What I do know is the slow starts are due to various aches and pains - especially in my right hamstring and above and around my right knee. I am pretty certain this is to do with both a lack of fitness and lack of stretching afterwards. I am getting good quad stretches in, but not so good hamstring stretches in - I'm a little worried about my back.



Distance: 2.02 miles
Time: 23:58
Temperature: 73/23

No comments:

Post a Comment