Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cranking up, and goals

Today I ran 2 miles in 22 minutes(ish) as Couch to 5K upped the pace slightly. According to Mapmyrun, I managed just over 11 min/mile for 2 miles. This got me thinking about my goals.

Back in 2006, I ran my first 5k. I had about 2 warmup runs and jogged around the course at a leisurely 34 mins. That's pretty much the pace I ran today, except I didn't go for 3.1 miles, only 2.

2 years ago, I ran on Randal Island and managed to do 5K in 28 mins 53 seconds, again with probably only 4 warmup runs (about as much as I have done in the last week). So, my goal is to run a 5K before the middle of Fall and beat 25 minutes and by next spring, beat 20 mins. I am not sure if at the point setting goals is getting ahead of myself, I think I just want to maintain running for more than 6 weeks without giving up...

But, one step at a time. I completed lesson 2.1


And as you can see, this cranked up the pace considerably, even though the exercise time was the same.


Not quite Olympic pace yet..! Speaking of which, go Team GB!

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 22.04
Temperature 73.23

No comments:

Post a Comment