Friday, July 27, 2012

End of week 2, aches and pains and weight loss

Today I finished week 2, which is pleasing, especially after postponing my run yesterday due to a horrific thunderstorm. New York City has been having some interesting weather, and yesterday was a little too interesting for running in. So today, after dragging my arse home from a 10 hour office slog, walking the dog and then going out again into 88/31 degree soup, I managed to clock just over 2 miles and run my cool down minute at the end. Oh yeah.

I was rewarded with an another average sub-12 minute mile for the second time.



However, I am feeling a slight twinge in my right hamstring just above my knee. I suspect its from lack of stretching, or perhaps just general forty and unfitness is wailing against the effort. It gradually subsided as I ran, but I felt my stride slightly hobbled by it. I'll keep an eye on that.

One thing I haven't spoken about on this blog is weight. As a guy, I am not so much worried about how much I weigh, as how my body looks. Well defined is far more important than what I weigh, but I did notice I dropped from 186 lbs to 183.5lbs after the first week, and further to 179.2lbs this week. That's 13 st 4 down to 12 st 11 in 2 weeks.

I really didn't think I'd get this far

Distance: 2.05 miles
Time: 23:12
Temperature 88/31

No comments:

Post a Comment