Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 2 and 3

So day 2, yesterday, was rest day. Can't say I got much rest, an Ikea trip and a couple of hours of turning flat-packs into furniture was the highlight of my Sunday. I didn't get much in the way of aches and pains, so there's a positive.

Today though, after 6 or 7 hours at work, I felt my legs tightening and the effects of my herculean 13.5 minute miles taking effect on my ravaged body. That and the 90/32 degree heat much much of today, and I was ready to wimp out. But, after getting home and telling my wife I was going running, I was committed, so it was session 1.2 of Couch to 5k.

Heat

I don't know about you, but I don't really love the heat, especially when it's humid. It was about 88 degrees when I ran, with some headwind in one direction and none in the other. However, music plus reinforcement from my app telling me when to run, when to walk and giving me cues on the half way point, broke things up nicely and the run, if anything, was slightly easier than on Saturday. Only a slight pinging in my upper hamstring reminded me this was my second outing. I feel surprisingly good.



Bring on the last week 1 lesson. Weds... 95 degrees and thunderstorms!

Distance 2.14mi
Time 29:37
Temperature 88/31


No comments:

Post a Comment